Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!.... and Share!

I have always loved the sentiment:
REDUCE!
REUSE!
RECYCLE!

Somehow I think Share needs to be there too!

So I will share some of my favorite ways,  that I see these concepts at work...

1.  Nancy is the Queen of Recycling!   She has made an incredible recycled haven in her backyard...  including her decking, and even a room in a recycled container, that I believe she is using as a bed and breakfast.   Here is a link to her very cool blog!


2.  Anna, my new friend here in the bay area.   She is the amazing recipient of a set of new lungs.   Anyone who knows someone with Cystic Fibrosis can appreciate just what an incredible new lease on life that a set of lungs can provide!  I am in awe of her!   She kicks butt at U-Jam and is training for the World Transplant Olympics in South Africa.   She designed a T-shirt with an incredible message...  (front) Go Green....   (back) Recycle Yourself.....   Become an Organ Donor!   Check them out on her blog.



3.  Finally there is my daughter, Chiara- I am in awe of her.   She is a die hard shopper at Goodwill.   She finds cool clothes, and then embellishes them.   Some have been graced with images that she stencils and spray paints either onto patches, or directly onto the garment.   Other items have been enhanced with other fabric details from material that she has accumulated. Then there are studs!   

She encourages us to save any glass jars that our food comes in.   Every day she brings coffee to school in recycled peanut butter jars!   She is so cool!

I am blessed to live a life where there is abundance.  Plenty to reduce, reuse, recycle and share!   

Please share any ways you are inspired to go green!









No comments: