Translate

Monday, March 4, 2013

REMEMBER- YOUR FOCUS DETERMINES YOUR REALITY


Your focus determines your reality.   This has been the tag line on my personal emails for as long as I can remember.   It is a classic line from Star Wars' Episode I, spoken by Qui Gon Jinn.  It has been the mantra that we have fed to our kids since they were young.

Craig moved to the bay area in September of 2011.   We knew that I would follow, but with two kids in high school it was unclear when that would happen, but at that point Craig encouraged me to focus on what I wanted when I got to California.   Craig's intention was for me to focus on my career.   I knew  I wanted to take a bit of a sabbatical, so my focus was on finding a great group of women to surround myself with at our new home.

Mission accomplished.  My sister Ruth and dear friend Sue were already in the area, so I had a head start on this.    Within months of my moving here, my mom decided at nearly 80 years old, she would leave the state she where she had lived her entire life, and join us in the Bay Area!

I started working out at the YMCA, and  found an amazing group of women.   Younger, older, from all around the world, it is amazing.   I love this group. They are kind and supportive.   They believe in themselves and each other to make the world a better place.   I feel so fortunate to be surrounded by their energy!

Next, I knew I wanted a neighborhood book club.   Poof!   All it took was putting that intention out there at the community picnic, and a book club was formed!   Another great group of women, all within a block of my home!   Yep, your focus truly does determine your reality!

Anyone who knows me, knows that my passions are:  my family, books and soccer!...   Guess who won the Supporter's Shield last year?....   THE QUAKES!  -my new club (yes...still an enormous Sounders fan too).   Okay now proof positive of your focus determines your reality....   One of my all time favorite Sounders is now sporting the kit of the San Jose Earthquakes!   Mike Fucito is here!

Settled, I am.   The kids are acclimating.   Craig is loving his job.   One "little" detail remains, my career.  So it is now with intense focus that I am thinking of all the characteristics that I want in my next position.    I look forward to letting everyone know soon, where I end up!

Thanks for reading this post to the end.   As you can see, I believe it is one of the most profound lines ever to appear in a movie.  Please comment and share your favorite movie quotes and how they have impacted your life!

2 comments:

PDX movie maven said...

I must have my part in the conversation!! Said by Lady Catherine DeBourgh (sp?) in Pride and Prejudice. Karen - I love to visit! And I want my part in the conversation.

Karen Neyman said...

Thanks for leaving a comment Nancy! I was looking for the like button!